Disagreement leads to closing threads

So any time we may have an opposition on Scopelys opinion, it’s defined as basically a hate post and must be closed. But anytime we’re told blatant lies and misinformation which stirs the player base up, it’s ok? I’m not deliberately trying to start anything here but its a double standard. I happen to believe letting people post their frustration is good as a sort of therapy but hey i guess everyone has different thoughts on the subject.

I don’t think it’s so much the concept of disagreeing. I think it’s the lack of filtering that crosses the line for them. The subjectivity of what’s offensive and frowned upon is the culprit. People believe sometimes that they are just stating facts while from their side it’s recieved as an attack. It’s a biased system with reasons provided that can’t always make sense from this side.

I don’t often agree with a lot of the reasons and think they are too intent on creating a fanciful sugarcoated candy-land where random people who will never meet face to face have the decency to be elegant to one another but HOW you say it is often more the reason than what you’ve said. Now they pick which version is most preferable and which “how you say it” is more acceptable which is where the problem lies with most. The best advice I can offer is disagree but agree to not be disagreeable. Get your point across but go about it in the most exemplary way possible.

I don’t know if I’ve ever seen anyone get shunned for saying “I disagree with the fact that 6s were buffed. Here’s why:” But I can say “I can’t believe 6s were buffed! Why are you always screwing us over. Shane, do you even listen to us?”

I’m not the perfect poster. Never will be. Never have I ever considered myself an example of what people should be. So I’m not trying to be a whatever with that post above. Just a word of advice from someone who on this forum and the old has never been banned, suspended, or had a single thread closed for breaking any “rules” but has almost always been openly expressive about my lack of satisfaction when it does occur. I’m not 100% always tame or likeable but I can say that I have never been disciplined for openly disagreeing and perhaps that’s a result of the ways in which I’ve conveyed those opinions.

^^^^Winning responses of the day

I disagree… (this was a test).

I humbly disagree with your disagreement.

I do think Survivor pretty much nailed the point. In general, I feel there’s not nearly enough discussion on anything here, really, and entirely too much venom and anger. To a point, I can understand and relate. But I’m also a realist, and at the end of the day, if this game were to disappear completely, it’s not going to kill me.

I respect everyone’s opinion here. My biggest problem is the perceived right to censor anything they may not like even if it doesn’t directly go against the tos but claims something about dissuading newer players blah, blah, blah. Are they so dense that they think these problems are only discussed here? In game chat, line chat, reddit etc has much damning chat and actively are warning new players to either not spend a dime, go buy from vk instead of Scopely or not play at all. To censor here(if its not over the top insensitive or inflammatory) does nothing to get the word out. Most new players aren’t members here, but they have line bc it’s a must to keep in touch.

Thats not entirely true though.

Plenty of threads that openly disagree are still open.

Its all in the way you disagree.

Calling Scopely staff a bunch of f#@&s is not appropriate. Asking questions and expressing disappointment or offering alternate solutions are left alone, as that is discussion.

Eloquence in critiscism is deemed constructive :sunglasses:

It’s also fair to point out that making a post simply to rile people up or upset the community members in general is also against TOS. (Which is actually also part of Discourse’ rules)

As long as the disagreement, concerns, criticism is civil – all good.

She is right. I was about to flag your thread and I believe that is what gets threads closed, not you thinking that CM’s just do it to anyone that they want to, just to silence them. Any thread that riles up the community will be closed. It’s simple to understand. I also know that I would like a dislike button because I use the flag a little too much and it’s borderline abuse and a dislike button would stop me from making “idiotic” comments.

Edit: I could have easily just skipped this thread too and ignored it and not comment. :upside_down_face:

Figured you were a serial flagger. Also shouldn’t you be banned then bc you just jump post to post trying to rile people up?

Shocking absolutely no one.

That’s another issue. There’s a difference between replying to a thread and being constructive, and replying to a thread just to reply.

I disagree with the closing of topics. Let me ask a question, lets say there’s a thread that talks about Scopely being the greatest company in the world and Rts is ran to perfection and one person says something completely belligerent towards everyone or scopely in general. Would it be closed or would the offending post be removed? I believe the post would stay up. It’s a matter of what they like or don’t like, which hinges on censorship.

Completely agree “my friend” has been banned today for simply pointing out something that doesn’t show scopley in the best light. This is blatant biased censorship that is in itself venemous and causing more anger than the issues in the post being closed.

That’s not true at all. If the thread is starting to get multiple flags on the OP and the people are getting riled up and going off-topic then it will be closed. They don’t pick or choose and it is not a bias. That is just an accusation and is not true at all. It is also part of the community’s job to flag stuff that is inappropriate or off-topic, not that I am serial flagging but flagging stuff that falls into the category of what can be flagged. I try not to overdo it though. I also don’t jump post to post trying to rile people up. I post my comment on my opinion and people don’t like it and flag me or insult me, so how am I the one that should get banned?

@Gabeharley If you worked hard on something or work hard for someone and someone came in that place or came into your house and you were tired of hearing them bad mouth your employer or bad mouth you for your hard work, wouldn’t you kick them out too? or just sit there and take it and listen to them bad mouth you or your company. There are certain things that cross the line, and “your friend” which is really probably you, most likely crossed the line.

If you worked hard on something or work hard for someone and someone came in that place or came into your house and you were tired of hearing them bad mouth your employer or bad mouth you for your hard work, wouldn’t you kick them out too? or just sit there and take it and listen to them bad mouth you or your company. There are certain things that cross the line, and “your friend” which is really probably you, most likely crossed the line.

Dude, super bad analogy. More like, if you charged people an arm and a leg for a chance to get into your house, but they keep pulling the ticket that only allows them to gaze upon your garage door, and then they bad mouth you…

Don’t paint scopely as some friend or private citizen. They are a game company that sells a service, and we have every right to shit upon them if they provide bad service. And yes, they have every right to shit upon us for shitting upon them; however the difference is that if most major companies provide bad service and the customers get upset, they fix the problem. They don’t ban their long tenured customers and work on strategies to attract new customers.

+100000000000000

scopley need to be careful banning people like “my friend” because a forum full of yes men like yourself serves no purpose whatsoever.

that is the kind of language that gets a thread closed or shut down. the language, the way you word things, the way you bash the company at every turn, and the amount of flags it gets. not everyone agrees with these hate posts that some of you make bashing the company and I am not the only one flagging them. its not a bad analogy, it fits well, too bad you dont see it that way. Why don’t you read the community guidelines again for future reference.

I fear the direction this thread is steering…