I think and I’m sure many other fellow customers are appalled by Scopelys recent announcement, made conveniently just after close of day about region transfers.
Here is a nonexhaustive list of issues and concerns that has arisen from this announcement, which I implore Official employees of Scopely to take heed.
1) SCOPELY’S MOVE. Scopely made customers move to specific regions to take part in their tourney. Now those customers can’t return back to their regions through no fault of their own. Customers were sold that region transfers would allow customers to move freely between regions of THEIR CHOSING. Now Scopely has change the terms of this. Surely allowing customer to return back to their prior state before then after consultation introducing a new region transfer process would be the most effective, efficient, Customer friendly and respectful way to handle this situation?
2) FACTION RECRUITMENT. Factions have been recruiting for months, now because of this new announcement all of that has gone to waste. Recruitment can be hard at best of times, however since the last region transfer, customers have been conversing with one another, making alliances and friends, plans. Some in order to re-populate factions and regions. This now has all been for nought and leaves YOUR customer base dissapointing and unhappy.
In addition to this factions now don’t have any time to try and recruit under the new transfer process
3) COMMUNICATION/CONSULTATION. No consultation or communication between customers and Scopely. Where is the consultation between customers? Who asked for it to be done this way? How can Scopely promise better communication, when such a important and fundamental process as region transfer is and any change to it after Scopelys promises of better communication was not even discussed?
This is segregation, and discrimination a simple thread or poll or in game survey asking how we resolve the issue brought about but Scopleys errors in the handling of transfers created this, maybe it’s time for Scopely to put its hands up and actually ask for customers input to find a better solution.
4) DICTORIAL Customers are being told where they can and can not go in a game. A game. A game some customers have spent either time or money, years or all of the above, because of an issue caused by Scopely in the first place. We all understand that a game needs guidelines but this is purely dictatorial and with Scopely making promises of better communication etc, this action flies away in the face of that statement. Because if you had better communication then this would not have occurred.
5) LACK OF NOTICE. This should have been communicated when TOC region transfer first came out. There should have been a clear disclaimer that advised customers that if the move at this juncture of region transfers, then due to Scopely introducing a new multi region closed groups that they may be locked into this in the foreseeable future. This was not communicated.
Now regions, factions and individuals only have a matter of days or have no choice at all to move as the once did freely and rightly so.
Customers were relying on this transfer wave to go back to their old regions, now they have no freedom to do so.
6) IMPACT ON SCOPELY’S PC - Due to lack of communication and transparency, customers have no way of knowing if the PC new of this, and as their function is to
“update and discuss our promises outlined, and to strengthen communication lines between players and the development team.”
Customers are going to make their own assumptions on this.
Due to this announcement, it puts the PC actually validity in jeopardy, with many customers finding them ineffective and already there have been comments made to this effect.
Exposed PC members to possible aggressions and as they are not employees of Scopely, they have no protection or recourse.
In addition they are unable to even speak the truth due to the NDA they had to sign be become part of a Scopely selected council, which was not even discussed with the customer base prior as to be a solution to better communication.
Surely Scopely has a warranted duty of care to these customers whom they have elevated. The creation and function of the PC by Scopely is Unethical in the first place as it exposes these customers to aggression for performing functions that hired and trained professional staff should be doing. There wasn’t even a mention of the PC or any disclaimer of their involvement if any and their opinions to go to protecting them.
Scopely, on this one you have made your creation high and dry.
7) DUTY OF CARE TOWARDS CUSTOMERS There has been no duty of care of how this change will effects your customers. Customers have formed bonds with individual customers who play the game, with a faction or region and in the previous transfer may have moved for TOC or for other reasons as they were free to in the past. Scopely with not consultation has changed this.
Now customers are stuck through no fault of their own, and as being part of a team, the friendships formed from that, leaves customers little choice but to either stay in a region where they can’t compete or don’t have the same structure they had in their old region I. e. factions friends etc, to want to compete. This leaves alot of customers in a position where they may end up just leaving the product.
8) TRANSPARENCY & TRUE INTENTIONS. I think Scopely owes to its customer base a honest reason as to why this has occurred and what purpose and gain Scopely is expecting to have. What issue does this solve for customers? What data does Scopely have to support this move?
I think the majority of us know the real reason why Scopely has made this move, to segregate whales to increase competition amongst them in the hopes that it increases revenues, because lets face it, if your in wave one, if you don’t spend your not going to survive. To kill off other regions, to lessen the exposures of favorable incentives, decisions or communications to a wave instead of multiple regions, I.e. now Scopely can provide info or give incententives to one wave group as a whole without the other wave groups knowing, as the likelihood of this being exposed is decreased.
The lack of transparency, the lack of communication and notice, just shows really what Scopely thinks of its customer base and this is unfortunate, as through customer engagement and alot more revenue could be generated and increase customer retention and positive reviews, advertising through word of mouth etc
All this shows the continued lack of knowledge Scopely has of their product and the impact changes make to their customers.
Again Scopely’s Inital errors and mismangement with transfers in the first place means that the customers must suffer. Haven’t we suffered enough?