I feel like the game has evolved in most aspects but raids really have not changed. I think it’s over due.
Raid ranking in a region has no impact. There is no monthly reward. No resets. No value.
Raiding rewards are generally low and take directly from the other players pool.
Shields limit how many raids a player can do without facing the dreaded bots.
So how about I table this idea and then everyone will pick it apart or what ever they wish.
- reduce shield time greatly and ghosting.
- increase raid rewards based on rankings.totally separate of player resources.
- put a reasonable cap on what players loose being raided. Rely more on bonus rewards then actually taking from players.
- have monthly rewards for placing in ranks just like a normal event. Also implement a system reset.
- provide rewards for defenses winning.
This way players who are active will be actually facing players more often then not. New rewards will encourage more activity. Players being raided will loose dignity rather then all their resources. And the playing field will not stagnate.
You can limit what players drop to on the reset aka gold level raiders reset to gold. Silver to silver. Etc.