Censorship and our constitiutional rights

It is, in fact, not how it works

Please enlighten me then folks. I am all ears.

What laws have they broken?

Feel free to read up at the several possibilities people have mentioned earlier on in this thread, dont just jump in with something lobbying for a corporation thats detroying its community.

They wouldn’t need a new ToS for this change because it would already be covered under their current ToS.

• Engage in unlawful, abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libelous, harassing, hateful, violent, racist, or otherwise objectionable or offensive acts, whether by posting and/or transmitting such information through our Services, or by any other means (e.g., by posting links to such content).
  • Engage in acts or attempts to abuse, threaten, harm, harass, or advocate or incite harassment and/or violence towards another person, group, our employee(s) or our Services, or engage in any acts in violation of other publicly posted Scopely policies (e.g. forum rules).

It’s always been in there, as is with most standard ToS’s, but they just never enforced it until now. Whether or not they’re over enforcing it, that’s up for debate.

Their game, their rules. You agree to abide by those rules when you download the game. Its quite simple. I don’t agree with the chat censor, I dont agree with a lot of what they do, but they have the right to run the game the way they want to.

How is fck swearing? Its implied but its not there, just like i cant say god it censors it why? I cant have religeous beliefs? They can say the f word in the story but we cant type stripmall? Think of the hypocrisy and look at your arguements.

They qualify as an online business and there are guide lines to say its entirely their rule structure is rather brazzen.

Again, it’s up for debate if they’re over enforcing it, but you can’t disregard the fact that the clause has always been in the ToS which you agreed to. Even by the own ToS, you agreed to let Scopely own your account and they can do whatever they want with it.

You also don’t seem the understand that the ToS is guidelines for you, not for them. They can say “fuck” in their own game with no repercussions, but you can’t. While it does seem ridiculous, they aren’t doing anything legally wrong.

Which guidelines would say that their ToS is rather brazzen?

That was for preg.

But I’m still eager to know which guidelines you’re referring to.

It wasnt in regardes to the tos. Its hin saying that scopley doesnt have their own rules to follow when writing, enforcing, and informing us on said tos agreement.

Everyone even app developers have laws to follow thats the jist of it.

i hate the chat censor, its horrid, but we are in ‘scopes house’ so to speak. i just wish they would lighten up on it, there is difference in telling someone you’re gonna murder them(or far worse thats happened in game that shouldnt of been) and hey man! you watched JAB video on youtube? bit ridic at this pt

As far as I know, they did inform us of ToS changes in the past. They could have done a better job notifying us, but they did so regardless.

What they’re doing now with censoring words would not require a ToS update, so I fail to see which guidelines they have broken.

I can totally respect trying to clean up the game there are some toxic people but theres a block button and should be a explicit content filter toggle as cheddah said earlier.

agreed, it could be filtered out without banning stupid words that are. kinda what i was saying with the but you cant ask if someone watched a JAB vid on youtube, its horrid

Ok so you lease a car and sign a contract for 300 a month. The next month they are reposessing it for you putting too many miles on it, you say that wasnt in my contract. They say dont worry we changed it but its the same car so you didnt have to agree. By your logic thats acceptable. Please just stop lol

Changing the lease without prior consent is illegal, changing a chat system that is covered under the ToS is not. Again, read the ToS. They have every right to change the chat system without changing the ToS.

• Engage in unlawful, abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libelous, harassing, hateful, violent, racist, or otherwise objectionable or offensive acts, whether by posting and/or transmitting such information through our Services, or by any other means (e.g., by posting links to such content).
  • Engage in acts or attempts to abuse, threaten, harm, harass, or advocate or incite harassment and/or violence towards another person, group, our employee(s) or our Services, or engage in any acts in violation of other publicly posted Scopely policies (e.g. forum rules).

You may not like how they’re overdoing it, but it isn’t illegal. That is as simply as I can put it. If you don’t understand how they’re not doing anything illegal, you’re either just trolling or are too stupid at this point.