Blitz wars.. thoughts?

I have searched and see no mention.
Ive also seen the calendar too and i honestly thought we would have had one coming up. So i am now wondering why we never seem to have them anymore? Did people really hate them that much? Mid week blitz wars are so good for weekend workers etc.

5 Likes

I tried to pitch an idea to have it in place of one of the two faction level ups scheduled for next week, but others seemed to think it was a bad idea. So many level ups back to back get kind of dull, which is why I thought it would be a perfect opportunity for a 24hr Blitz ¯_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

I would love a blitz every now and then. Breaks up the monotony of non-stop levelling.

2 Likes

Blitz Wars are a lot of fun, just can’t expect them to be the same as a weekend war. Lower turnout for people with jobs, families, school, etc. Less time to organize too. I’d love to see more of them as long as folks know that it’s not the same thing.

It’s because they don’t make much money on blitz, most factions farm cans in blitz and don’t coin. It also leads to them making less money in the next actual war afterward due to the reduced need to buy cans, so I would surmise these are the reasons for blitz being such a rare event, not so much the players not enjoying it.

5 Likes

this man @Forumlurker knows the sad truth

1 Like

@kalishane whats up with blitz wars! is it that hard to have one every once in a while :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think a point got missed here. They give even crappier rewards for blitz war, and like most of us have been saying for over a year, crap rewards kill competition. That is why people stopped competing= less coining= less spending!

While it’s true far better rewards would potentially make factions that typically take it easy in blitz try harder, the fact is they have never been inclined to offer big time prizes for it, so while that would be a potential way to making it a viable tournament, I personally doubt it’s a road they are willing to go down, and I think the change in regular war to 6v6 while leaving cross region 8v8 is a sign that they more than likely have scrapped blitz wars entirely, unless they need to run one to work out bugs in a war mechanic at some point.

1 Like

I hope they didn’t scrap blitz war, any kind of war is good in my factions book.

Ironically yesterday was one of my faction mates birthday, guess what their birthday wish was… Blitz war.

1 Like