Anyone want a job at scopley?

Description
Scopely’s Live Operations Manager will be dedicated to the creation, configuration, and maintenance of in-game promotional events, contests, new content and sales to drive monthly KPI goals for their games. You will collaborate with all areas of the business including the product & design team, developers, customer relations, quality assurance, art, and analytics. As a Scopely Live Ops Manager you will be directly responsible for the successful execution of Live Ops events on a daily basis. Live events are an integral part of our games success and offer our players unique experiences each day. You will collaborate with an experienced product team dedicated to maximizing feature potential through aggressively smart live event calendars.
What will you do?
Run Live Ops – in app events & sales – for a multi-million user mobile app.
Developing a comprehensive in-app event strategy that gives users engaging things to do each day and helps support planned feature releases each month.
Directly managing the implementation of events, from concept brainstorm, asset creation, event configuration, testing, and execution.
Working with product managers and analysts to monitor and report on the performance of the promotions and events and their impact on KPIs and game health.
Creating or modifying Live Ops processes to ensure we’re spending our time and energy in the right areas.
Support the product feature and tool roadmap by surfacing unmet player and admin needs.
Coordinate and configure the in-game communication, working with the Marketing & Community teams.
What do you need?
Quantitative skills, with a minimum of 3 years experience, preferably in consulting, finance, or games. You’ll need to work to identify what matters from what doesn’t, and prioritize your time accordingly.
Creativity. You’ll have to make the leap from understanding what’s going on to brainstorming ways to improve it. Ultimately, success is about implementing campaigns and events that have a big impact on our users.
Proven ability to own, build and iterate functions and processes.
A deep interest in games, particularly casual games.
Skill in proactively identifying risks and making changes to the plan when necessary with an appropriate sense of urgency.
Clear verbal and written communication skills.
An ability to work with a wide range of people, from QA to analytics to art to product.
Exceptional attention to detail.

Maybe this is why nothing gets better, they don’t even actually have anyone managing live-ops, or they did and the guy was like screw this shit. The players want better, but you greedy ass exec’s won’t let me fix anything the players want/need.

6 Likes

$$$$$$$$$$$

2 Likes

Maybe the one they had has grown a conscience, and quit?

1 Like

Do you notice one big thing missing that everyone seems to confuse as something Scopely does?

There is no jobs for developing games! Just how to make more :moneybag:!

1 Like

100% lol and nice war points btw.

or this one.

Live Ops Quality Lead
Description
The Live Ops Quality Lead is a critical function within the product team that collaborates very closely with the Producers, Live Ops Managers, Deployment Project Manager / QA, Player Care and External Development Partner on the product as a live service. The Live Ops Quality Lead manages a team of internal and external resources and ensures all live events are functioning correctly on applicable environments as well after going live. The position requires exceptional attention to detail and a solid Mobile QA foundation.

What will you do?
•Own the testing pipeline, identifying opportunities to improve efficiency and working with cross functional leads to ensure that the team is operating at a high capacity.
•Manage scheduling and resourcing the QA team, identifying dependencies and changes needed to staffing
•Lead a team of internal QA analysts, directing their daily efforts as well as supporting their individual career growth.
•Oversee external QA team(s), setting up test plans, reporting, and supporting broader team initiatives.
•Ensure that Live Ops content is localized and showing correctly in the appropriate languages.
•Maintain a deep understanding of the tool sets at QA’s disposal, communicating future requirements, as well as possible improvements.
•Work with all disciplines and leads to ensure proper coverage is provided for all aspects of Live Ops development.
•Represent Live Ops QA with cross functional team goals.
•Work with Live Ops and Product teams to anticipate risks and tool needs for upcoming events and features.
•Work with internal and external teams to drive fixes and optimize the processes involved; implement preventive measures.
•Identify and report on issue trends and common risks, driving quality across the Live Ops team.
•Provide qualitative feedback on all content going into the game, being the customer representative and advocate, identifying issues beyond the basic "does it function” test pass.

What will you need?
•Degree level education or equivalent experience.
•Minimum 4 years of QA experience.
•2 years of QA team management experience.
•Proven ability to own, build and iterate functions and processes.
•Experience working in an internal or distributed development environment and manage relationships with cross functional teams.
•Previous experience of building test plans.
•Communicate in a clear and concise manner both written and verbally.
•Proactively identify risks, changes needed and execute solutions, with appropriate sense of urgency.
•Passion for mobile games and experience working on games as a live service.
•Proficient with setting up and navigating through JIRA, Google Docs, Google Sheets/Excel.
•Exceptional attention to detail.

3 Likes

Oh you in this battle? Didn’t know. A lot more fun than previous battles. Took a bit of team tweaking.

Not sure tbh, i just meant your overall total so far. I usually browse factions and see who’s doing what. Lets me focus on the people i know who score the pts. Who you facing right now? My daughter has my phone atm so i am just trolling to forms on p.c.

All good. Snowed in so either game or talk to the wife… bwahahaha.

This crw is pretty good. A lot more competition and a lot tighter power range. Not so one sided any more.

2 Likes

That’s what I said but the masses here that come to complain about the game seem to think they did. Scopely does not develope anything but ways to make money. Not until very recently did they add "publisher"to being part of their model.
In fact if you look who runs this company you’ll see a common theme they are bankers, lawyers, and not a thing about gaming in their backgrounds.

Live Ops More like Dead Ops

1 Like

Who ever has these Job in Scopely are maybe one of the worst worker in the history of … Idk everything.

2 Likes

Sell my soul…nah

Unique experiences each day? What game is that then, because it certainly isn’t this one?

3 Likes

No one wants to work for scopely. That’s like joining the titanic after the iceberg at this point.

1 Like

Speak for yourself sir. I’d delightfully be willing to work for Scopely Headquarters so I could join the team and scam each and everyone of you with awesome rewards, events, and toons everyday. Jk hehehe

2 Likes

Yea its probably exactly why they need replacements, the last ones were like f this ish. Im outta here. This ship is sinking fast and i want out while their are still life boats.

Perpetual level ups with the same boring reward structure isn’t unique? :thinking:

1 Like

This!! I think everyone is just being overly negative with 0 reason. I mean who doesn’t want their 5th level up since 2018 started??

1 Like