Any news from a maybe upcoming event?

Any news from a maybe upcoming event?
???
@WalkerTexasRanger

1 Like

Probably the same copy and paste bs with overpriced offers.

4 Likes

He posts here?

5 Likes

@lokinho who is this @WalkerTexasRanger you talk about :hugs:

6 Likes

Can it be a pay event thanks.

6 Likes

The last time he posted an actual reply to someone was on March 10th. Everything since then has only been creating “Announcement” threads smfh

7 Likes

It would probably be a little better to ask @TayTron what the up coming event is going to be

3 Likes

Sit in a dark room and harness the powers of the mind.

I sense disappointment, delays, some sort of fault and big Scopes wanting WONGA WONGA WONGA :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::credit_card::money_with_wings::pound::euro::dollar::yen::moneybag::currency_exchange::heavy_dollar_sign:

3 Likes

Who is this @GhostTexasRanger?41463650_955694251302307_8086912248540299264_n

1 Like

I just hope it comes with another huge token gate. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

They’re fantastic announcement threads though. Or rather, the bbolg posts they’re linking to are fantastic. Very detailed with all the relevant info to help you plan, and always timely before the event is up. I am quite happy with them.

3 Likes

Not quite sure if that was ironic or not…
But I’ll project my own attitude and say it’s dripping so much irony that it eats through the floor like sulphuric acid.

Remember the comissary announcement? That was informative as hell :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I don’t think we will have another big event until the current transfer window ends, since players lost their progress when they move to another region.

Oh, I certainly have a penchant for the acerbic, but that was as sincere as my post-post-post-irony-addled brain can be.

The commissary event was a deliberately low-information event. It was about decision-making under uncertainty - do you buy something now, or do you hold out hoping for a better deal later? Like one of those game shows.The skill in that event was in recognizing this was the game that was played, and evaluating the offers and their prices both in terms of what you needed and what their relative value was. Overall, I thought it was a neat side event.

Information has been absolutely stellar since @WalkerTexasRanger took over. Before, event info was often missing or late, now we get the info before the event starts for all major and most side events; that info is also generally quite detailed. It’s hard to believe, but the calendar is regular and on time! Every Friday at the latest, we have the calendar for the upcoming week, In the past, sometimes the week was halfway over before we saw the calendar for that week. Important stuff is available directly in the game via a prominent button on the home screen that gets an emblem when new things are added, minor updates are available on Discord. Scopely’s handling of their own frequent screwups was a major sticking point with the community, #JonesgateNeverForget. Ever since Walker has been here,these have been handled in a very equitable way, with fair compensation that was generally proportionate to the impact. In the past, I spent months hammering about just receiving an acknoledgement and apology for something Scopely did that screwed parts of their player base over, now this happens very quickly after, generally with a reasonable attempt at remedy.

Other CMs in the past have joked around and socialized with us, others have held our hands “oooh I hear you, I will take it to the team, I will ask” followed by complete silence because they had nothing (they were allowed) to say. Walker doesn’t do that, but he gives this game whose handling has been utterly shambolic for pretty much as long as I’ve played it some bitterly needed professionalism. Worth his weight in gold.

#unpopularopinions

2 Likes

‘Announcement: The Commissiary Event Starts Thursday!’

‘Discuss all your thoughts below’

2 Likes

There was bits of info on discord from destroyer of an event starting next week.

Choice of an actual sclass (no 5 star and 6 collections), and should you not want that toon, other sclass cards.

4 Likes

Appreciate the communication and I’m looking forward to a new event

Don’t let this distract you from the the fact that in 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, Bubba “Spare Tire” Dixon.

5 Likes

There is only one sports game that needs remembering from 1966. Am I right eh @Parker :wink:?

2 Likes

The new event is another Maintenance event! I heard that the Maintenance events are the best events!

1 Like