Alternatives to TWD?

I think a lot of us are of the opinion this game has got to a point where scopely doesn’t want us ftp gamers anymore. So my question is what should I be downloading next? I used to put a lot of time into Dragon soul before it went under so something similar would be good. All suggestions welcome.

7 Likes

Day R Survival is great

2 Likes

During the warless summer 2 yrs ago, I looked for a similar game.
Something for teams or factions with a social aspect like fc and gc.

Ive never found anything thats too similar

I know a few wdrts players are doing “Summoners War” and “Raid Shadow Legends”.
But…theyre called ‘guilds’ and ‘clans’…and im not about that kind of life. But they’re enjoying it and speak of how the game developers give comps for inconveniences…plus there’s less of a p2w feel.

Im interested to see if theres other suggestions similar to wdrts.

5 Likes

Yes I play raid shadow legends & summoners war. Breath of fresh air, RTS is now on the back burner for me.

1 Like

If I was to venture to another game I dont have the time for live RPGs like what Ive heard raid is. Its hard to find a game that ticks the boxes. Somehow rts is unticking them lately though!

2 Likes

I know of some very good alternatives but that only takes up 2 minutes of your time so I’m not sure what to do with the rest of the day

2 Likes

2 Likes

I’m playing mainly Auto chess and Dragon Ball Legend now

3 Likes

I’m playing it, joined a guild, but guilds seem very odd. Haven’t figured it out. :thinking:

1 Like

Zombie strike was the only game I found like this one.
Only thing you can’t pick who your characters attack.

guilds just came in last update, they are still working on it. I am not in one right now, so i dont know much. One of the major gains of being in a guild is getting red items after 10 days if one puts up enough points, one player told me this. The social aspect of that game on a whole is less than RTS.

1 Like

Marvel strike force is very close to rts, only thing is no zombies :sob:

1 Like

Summoners war is awesome. Its a grind but its worth it

2 Likes

Think I’ll check out the Marvel one. Would rather find a newish game so not starting miles behind though

Much appreciated!

1 Like

There’s Galaxy of Heroes too! they regularly add new content to this, SW universe has lot of source material. But i have seen criticism of this game on its monetisation tactics. From the videos i have seen has a similar gameplay to RTS.

I’ve wondered the most about this one. I’ve heard a lot of people talk up Marvel Strike Force and I’ve played it and just couldn’t get into it enough. But I’ve wondered if GoH is worth the time starting up

2 Likes

Check their forums and subreddit, i guess that will give a good idea about their current monetisation tactics and community-friendliness. Even Youtube has an active community for this game.

On playstore, the reviews seemed more favourable than RTS at a first glance.

Animation Throwdown and Marvel’s contest of champions are what I’m playing. Both treat the gamers well, are deep enough, and you can actually make progress as f2p.

2 Likes