5* Weapons & Armory Overhaul, was it needed?

The Armory has been as it is for a very long time, compared to the ‘resets’ of the 5* and 6* eras this new 5* weapon update seems to be, potentially, very well executed in comparison. Your current 4* weapons are all able to be upgraded to 5* weapons and reinvigorates a part of the game that had become quite stale over recent months for people at the top.

With the update comes a lot of Quality of Life (QOL) improvements to the armory as well which I am looking forward to just as much as the new tier as parts of the armory were just straight up frustrating to use.

But was the armory update needed?

• No
  • Yes

0 voters

Do you like that you can make current 4star Weapons into 5star Weapons?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Of course don’t get me wrong 4* weapons into 5* weapons seems like a fantastic idea but we also have to think about if the next step will be 6* weapons I consider somewhat of a reset but we’ll see

Armory update was needed, but no one asked for 5 star weps

8 Likes

Not needed, but also maybe not terrible. Plat mods turned out ok, mostly because people have been ignoring them, but I’ll be looking to pick some up once Magna and Lee are done.

I do worry about the speed of resets. We’ve had Vet Rings, Sclass, Plat mods and now 5* weapons in a very short time frame. And that after crashing and burning Gen2 6* in about 6 months. Why rush things so much?

2 Likes

It’s just a next upgrade for your 4* weapons - it is not a reset (which would have been horrific) this is most likely a limitation within the system and also adds a bit more attention to the update.

5* weapon upgrades legit just mean unlock a 4th slot and 3 new upgrade attempts on your current 4* weapons, that is all.

This is not a reset.

How is it not a reset?

{ETA] @Lockdown the reset is the level 4 special traits.

Tbh the real question is if the weapon tokens are really easily available to all the ftps

No and no. Add another currency. Sorry but enough is enough. Territories still glitch, fix that already.

1 Like

Wasn’t needed. What was needed is to get rid of their damn rng when crafting. Unreal when you need more than 2 - 3 months to craft stun on reds or impair on blues.

1 Like

I think the post says the tokens will be available in the league store

that is an upgrade, not a reset.

1 Like

Being able to upgrade 4star to 5star weapons is a huge deal, it means that it is not a total reset and that players will not feel that years of their time and effort has been wasted when it comes to weapons.
Not needed but dealt with in an ok way if it had to happen… As long as there is easy access to tokens

2 Likes

Just no real reason to complicate the game any more than it already is. There is a threshold of crap you can throw at people before they start wondering if you actually know what you are doing or you are throwing darts at a board.

It was long overdue. The armory wasn’t touched for years. Literally. Of course, we’ll see if it was for good or not, but I stopped crafting when I reached the ceiling. This should make crafting exciting again imo.

1 Like

Classic Scopely always giving everything that nobody asked for.

1 Like

Can we get a territory fix tho

2 Likes

New level 4 special traits are Sclass, and 5* weapons are Vet rings.

You can 5* your existing weapons and give them an upgrade, just like you can put Vet rings on your 6* to give them a stat increase.

You can also now get hugely improved special traits, but you need to redo virtually every weapon (except maybe fixed weapons that have a really good special already, maybe). Years of effort on stun guns etc. effectively wasted; you’ll need to redo all of them to get the new version.

Even being able to upgrade existing ones to 5* doesn’t matter that much, now that I think about it more - assuming the tokens required are limited, I wouldn’t want to waste them on weapons that will soon become useless.

It’s a reset.

1 Like

The weapons keep whatever stats they had as a base
Say 35 def, ap when attacking and stun.
When you 5* your weapons they will keep those stats, gain a 4th slot and reset your crafting attempts (i.e. the green bars on the left of the weapons) and let you add say, the new epic ability and up to 10 def.
So it’s not entirely a reset as the progress on you current weapons isnt lost, they just get more potential

Yes, except stun is now essentially useless, because you can get stun & focus combo. That’s the reset. You’ll have to redo all your weapons. The 5* part is just an upgrade, the new special traits are the reset.

[ETA] It’s a bit like saying Sclass is not a reset, because you can still use 6* characters. Yes you can, and I do, but it’s a reset nevertheless.

2 Likes