40 Quills and 10 Arrows gift

Thank you, Scopely!

This was actually a pretty decent mood improver :wink:

14 Likes

im sitting at 15 arrows. when will the arrow roadmap end? the news on the event doesn’t not specify. trying. to figure out how to best close out this last set of 10

but why…

2 Likes

I sure do love gifts like this especially when it gives me a golden! Finally I get the baby bottle pop!

2 Likes

Have the same issue here , with that 10 I will have 22 Arrows . Hope there’s more than one run so I don’t feel disappointed for buying arrow for nothing

2 Likes

nice pull, wish I could say the same

1 Like

Nice thank you Scopely.

1 Like

Event Duration

Starts: Friday 9/4/20 12:00 PM PDT

Ends: Friday 9/11/20 12:00 PM PDT

right, but that doesn’t specify if that’s the end of the. market collection or the end of the last arrow map

Collections lasts another 24hrs, so I’d say the maps finish at that time

4 Likes

Exact scenario here.

1 Like

It’s not a gift it’s compensation trying to correct their error.

In multuple mobile games and in life in general if a company f’s up, and I’ve done it in businesses myself even when it’s a 3rd party experience so not even out fault but it came through us, you apologise for the experience, advise process will be re-examinated and compensate the customer.

This is a standard procedure that they have finally catching up to.

Hopefully they will continue on this vein and hopefully we see less error that impact our gaming experience. This should be used as an opportunity to improve processes so there is no reason to provide compensation cough cough I mean gift.

Remember we are customers that helped this business become a billion dollar company. Know your worth as a customer and what you provide be it cash or engagement on their product cos that all adds value to their business. And expect better.

5 Likes

Yeah this was awesome from Scopley many thanks👍

It came a bit late in the day in my opinion. I was spending coins on arrow bags trying to get enough to run the last 2 golden quill maps and now I have wasted coins and excess arrows.

It’s good that they do things like this but either a little warning or doing it earlier would have been nice.

4 Likes

I don’t know about that. The second on in the screenshot is clearly compensation. They apologize, they thank us for our patience, and it was accompanied by a post in the Discord saying that it was compensation.

This one says ‘gift’. Twice.

5 Likes

No, the event information on the blog clearly states the start and end times:
Starts: Friday 9/4/20 12:00 PM PDT

Ends: Friday 9/11/20 12:00 PM PDT

This is the last roadmap right now. The collections will remain open after the roadmaps end to give you time to spend anything you get from these last roadmaps.

2 Likes

maybe didnt come across that way, but thats what i meant lol

That sucks its the last rm cause I have enough arrows for 1 more run on it I’ve ran it 7 times and not 1 golden quill mean while others are doing it once or twice and got it

2 Likes

It doesn’t look good for a company to be handing out multiple compensation. I wouldn’t want my customers to see multiple compensation items in their inbox.

It looks bad, doesn’t feel customers with confidence.

It’s clever… well its an old technique. I’ve even implentmented when a company or worked for f’ed up, but didn’t want to call it “compensation” even tho it was “compensation” .

Albeit I had to fight for the extra compensation and lol, spin it as a more cost effective way to deal with refunds using credit with a little extra instead of refunding in cash on a mass scale which during a time when the company was going through redundancies, wasn’t a viable option.

Oh that is funny.

So, when I give kids free donuts should I tell them it’s compensation for me not making a good donut at one time?

Or how about the three months of free storage I gave my long-term customers because of the coronavirus. Should I say that’s compensation for me not holding up my end of the bargain and providing good storage facilities? No in both instances I just did it because it feels good to get back sometimes.

Some of the stuff you say sometimes makes me question your role whether it’s still an active role or a non-active role in a business. Just because you think it’s right doesn’t always mean it’s right. And when you can come to terms with that I think you’ll feel a lot better and not make negative posts time after time.

2 Likes