[UPDATE - TUES, OCT 15] All of the updates outlined below (other than the arena updates) will be live on all platforms today (Tues, Oct 15) at 3PM PDT. The Arena updates below will be live tomorrow (Wed, Oct 16) at 2pm PDT.
We’re excited to share details about our upcoming 21.1 release, which includes new Player Levels, a few big updates for Survival Road and Arenas, as well as the introduction of Platinum Mods.
The 21.1 release will go into Public Beta this week and you can expect to see the 21.1 update live in game shortly after!
Player Level Cap Increase
With this update, the max Player Level is being extended from level 150 to level 200. Experience required per level, rewards and the number of coins rewarded will be consistent with levels 125-150.
Survival Road Update
Daily Survival Road is getting a significant upgrade in the 21.1 release. The new changes should make the mode feel new, rewarding, and challenging. Here’s what you can expect:
- Daily Survival Road is being extended from 400 max levels to 500!
- Walkers from the Walker Hordes mode have invaded Survival Road! Expect to face off against these unique Walkers throughout the various stages.
- 6* Fighter teams will now appear in various stages.
- Survival Road difficulty has been rebalanced across all 500 levels to more closely match the power levels of current fighter teams.
- Survival Marker rewards have been increased by 300% on all levels to enable you to save up for the new exciting rewards in the Depot (see below). We will also be introducing Survival Marker rewards in Survival Road Tournaments.
Survival Marker Depot Update
The Survival Marker Depot will also see a significant update:
- Two Legacy Fighters are being Ascended to 6* and will be available in their 6* forms in the Survival Marker Depot! They are:
- 6* “Call to Arms” Human Shield Magna
- Magna’s Final Rush:
- Deal 300% Damage to a line of enemies. Those enemies get Impair and -40% Defense for 2 turns.
- Magna’s Final Rush:
- 6* “No Time Left” Human Shield Lee
- Lee’s Final Rush:
- Deal 525% Damage to one enemy. This character gets Elusive for 3 turns. All teammates get +40% Attack for 1 turn.
- Lee’s Final Rush:
- Both Magna and Lee will require the specific Survival Road Gear sold in the Survival Marker Depot to tier up in their 6* form.
- 6* “Call to Arms” Human Shield Magna
- To reflect the tuning changes and to balance the overall Survival Road Marker economy, a few items in the Survival Depot will see marker price increases (excluding all legacy items).
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The prices in the Survival Marker Depot are increasing LESS THAN the new amount of Markers players will now be getting by playing Survival Road every day. So while it may seem like some items are more expensive, players will actually be acquiring these items at the same or even a faster rate.
- The Survival Marker Depot will now contain the newest addition to your combat toolkit: Platinum Mods! Save up your Survival Markers and get ready to take your teams to the next level (see below for more details about Platinum Mods).
Platinum Mods Introduced
Platinum Mods will now be available in the Survival Marker Depot! Platinum Mods are the newest rarity of mods and give significantly more benefits than Gold Mods.
With Platinum Mods comes a few brand new mod effects that all rarities (platinum, gold, silver, bronze) will share:
- Trauma Resist
- Disarm Resist
- Daze Resist
- Exhaust Resist
- Crosshairs Resist
- Defense While Disarmed
- Attack While Slowed
With the launch of Platinum Mods, we have learned from the player feedback we received back when we launched Mods in May of 2018. Our goal is to improve the player experience in both using and acquiring Platinum Mods.
- One of the things we didn’t like during the initial launch of mods is that there wasn’t a predictable gameplay method of obtaining them. That’s why we built Platinum mods to be acquired through specific gameplay paths. Guaranteed Platinum Mods will be persistently available in the Supply Depot, and players can improve how quickly they earn them by advancing in Daily Survival Road and competing in Survival Road tournaments for Rank and Milestone rewards.
- Some less powerful mod effects will be improved on Platinum Mods. Some examples include buffing Lifesteal, Burn Damage, and Bleed Damage. We hope that every mod should now have a role in RTS gameplay, and that getting strong mods for your fighters is less dependent on obtaining certain, specific mods.
- Set bonuses on Platinum Mods will make up significantly less of your overall mod power. This means players should not feel forced to use all of one set of mods, and it will be easier to equip mods that don’t strictly match up with your other mod’s sets.
- During our initial launch of Mods, Bronze and Silver mods quickly became outdated. We hope to not invalidate Gold Mods with this update, and believe that players will live in a mixed Gold and Platinum Mod world for a long time. For this reason, many Platinum Mods overlap in stats with their Gold Mod counterparts. We want progressing in Survival Road to be meaningful without making your past progress irrelevant.
We’re continuing to iterate on and refine the Arenas feature to make it the best experience possible. With that in mind, we’re making the following updates:
We’re adding a turn-based factor to the Arenas scoring calculation–i.e. fewer turns reward a player with more points. This increased point granularity should alleviate some of the issues with opponent selection, particularly within Domination mode.
There are some UI updates to accommodate these changes, including an updated scoring summary for the turn-based component.
The Arenas scoring calculation is being adjusted to reduce weight on the more difficult opponents, allowing players to decide on a more balanced trade-off between easier opponents with a low turn bonus and risking the challenge of a high-point opponent.
Players will now be able to copy their main defense teams in their Arena defense team setup.
The list of opponents in an Arena will be re-ordered by the max score possible rather than defense team grade.
The domination bug should be fixed where it only shows your entry summary if you have a new high score.
Draft Mode character pools are being updated for all leagues, and will include S-Class and other new fighters. This change will take effect early this week.
Collateral Damage II
The Splash Damage applied from this Specialist Skill will no longer generate AP for enemy fighters. This helps alleviate one of the main issues with this Specialist Skill, and we hope this makes Collateral Damage more viable and appealing!
Two New Daily Missions
We’ve added two new daily missions:
- Daily Mission: Complete an Arenas entry
- Daily Mission: Watch 3 rewarded videos
Update to Facebook / Skybound Link Rewards
Players will now receive a 5-star Michonne character and/or Rick’s Pistol as rewards for linking accounts to Facebook/Skybound. Any players who already have their Facebook/Skybound account linked to Road to Survival will also receive these new rewards (please note: for those players who already have their accounts linked, it may take up to a week to receive the new rewards).
Public Beta Program Info:
The Walking Dead: Road to Survival Public Beta program allows select players access to upcoming Features prior to their release worldwide. Please review the following information about Public Beta to ensure you have a full understanding of the program prior to signing up.
Please do note that the nature of a Public Beta, for features that are currently in development, may contain bugs that impact your ability to engage with the live game.
Important Beta Notes:
Public Beta is available for Android only.
Due to save compatibility issues, Public Beta players who have iOS and Android devices will be locked from using their iOS Device as no Public Build build is available for iOS.
There are a limited number of Public Beta slots available and they will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis.
Public Beta may not reflect the final implementation of all features and are subject to change.
Public Beta Regions are for testing purposes only and players should not consider them as a ‘permanent home’.
To prevent surprise Public Beta updates, we suggest Turning Off Auto-Update
Signing Up for Public Beta:
While signed into your Google Play Account, click on the Public Beta Invitation Link
Click on “Become a Tester”
Once you have registered for the Testing Program, on your device go to Settings > Apps > Google Play Store. Clear the cache/data on the app to refresh the Google Play Store.
Open the Google Play Store and navigate to the TWD: Road to Survival app page. The Public Beta build will appear on this page once your store has updated. If the build has not appeared, please refer to the troubleshooting section.
Remove Early Access:
IMPORTANT: Due to Save Incompatibilities, once you have downloaded the Public Beta build it is advised you remain on the build for the duration of the test. Leaving the Public Beta Program and attempting to download the Live Version could result in loss of access to your account for the duration of the Public Beta test as your save will be incompatible.
Go to the Public Beta Invitation Link
Click on Leave the Program.