200 feathers wasted now because of bad information

ok so how do i get my 200 arrows back @WalkerTexasRanger officially stated and other stated discord that we needed this now we dont?? not happy. Will support fix this

11 Likes

You may well need, it just isn’t all or nothing with it. Just because there will be another way doesn’t mean you will want to grind/spend/use resources for it

2 Likes

Id still perfer the s’class shards 1,000 than a bear tolken i may or may not need any more if you get me.

4 Likes

Thats why I always wait with claiming to last hour/hours. I bet you didnt need this paw token yet. If you bought for money and needed that last one - dont complain, buy more.

4 Likes

Im usually the same but it was confirm by scopley we needed it.

2 Likes

200 free feathers for everyone? :blush:

7 Likes

Il take my 200 back or every1 getting it 200 either way no one is losing out

Yup I did the same :pensive:

2 Likes

The fear of missing out is real. I got the paw token also

4 Likes

I’ll still get the token. The rest might be even more brutal, or require you to give up other shards.

This bear event is 100% all or nothing, 40 tokens is sweet, 39 is worth practically nothing (maybe some Dylan cards, but meh). There is not going to be a lot of room for error. Either skip it completely or go all in.

4 Likes

Id like the bear but the leck of info has put me of and like you just said gods knows what hoops il need to jump threw next for one tolken. A 1,000 michonne cards seem much better investment at this point.

2 Likes

And that’s the thing… lack of transparency, info and changing boundaries leads to a lack of trust for some customers.

Simply ensuring information prior to events is clear, transparent and properly thought out isn’t hard.

This enables customers to prep and prepare but also gives them CHOICE.

Whether customers should or shouldn’t go for the bear paw in this hunters event should be up to them. The customer

3 Likes

Agree. The fact that you can’t just exchange 36 bear paw tokens for 9k of Brutus cards and hope to get lucky at some later point to get the final 1k is really making it just two alternatives - skip completely or go all in.

But it might actually force a batch of players to go all in. And fail. And quit. Another batch will half ass the effort and get minor rewards in between, then envy other players their bears. Then quit.

Somehow I got the feeling that instead of making a really engaging event to rekindle the interest for the game, Scopely goes out of their way to make it as miserable an experience as it can get… While all it took was some clear and honest communication, schedule and event/mission details to build the player Hype and know when and how much to spend if their grind wouldn’t be enough…

2 Likes

It’s a pretty bad design, I completely agree, and it looks like the bad design is going to affect other events (Hunters log would have been very mediocre at best without it and is pretty much trash in this form). But I’ll save the kvetching for the review post.

But the players we have now don’t leave because of bad events, or they would have quit last year when there was a long stretch of trash-tier events.

[ETA] @Pay2lose why did you claim the token then? Since the announcement the Bear became easier to get, as you can now miss a small number of tokens without failing. If you thought that it’s better to skip the bear now because it’ll be too difficult, you should have certainly felt that way before.

2 Likes

Well, I’m not saying players will leave because the event sucks.

I’m saying I can perfectly understand how the frustration of giving your best to get the bear and ending with 36 paws, because the odds have never been for him to get it, could drive a player to finally divorce from their love-hate relationship with the game.

I’m also saying that those who “see through this shady tactics” and simply play at their own (minimal) pace will find themselves short of a couple paws at the end and realize they could have gotten Brutus for free if they tried only a teeny bit harder will get mad and contemplate quitting…

You are forced to make your choice about your level of engagement now, while you don’t know if that level is sufficient or not. And later you get confronted with the (now obscure) reality and can’t affect the outcome anymore. This is the aspect that can force players to quit. I know it will force me - if I do the wrong engagement choice in the next 3 days…

3 Likes

I bought an offer because I thought the token was a must have. I feel like I’m a victim of the bait and switch. I’m not happy about scopely back pedaling after giving out BS information

3 Likes

I don’t understand what the problem is… what happened?

1 Like

me either the whole event seems pretty easy to me

1 Like

Yeah I’ve been buying arrow bags too thinking this was essential for Brutus. Althoigh id have likely gotten it anyway, just with less pressure to spend early given the horrible drop rates and potentially running out of runway

Agree that every paw reward after this is in doubt. I much rathered the certainty of knowing 40 avail and you need to get 40. Scopely should at least tell us the new number avail so we can opt in or out each event and not fear ending up on 39.

Problem is they confirmed hunters log bear token for 200 feathers was part of the max 40 you needed, so people made decisions on that assurance. Now its apparently surplus. We just dont know by how much

1 Like